1. First off, it’s suggested you have prior knowledge of your character; and that’s pretty much a given. Even though it’s totally awesome to be a little silly with the RP’s at times, we would like you to stay “within the limits” of your character. Basically saying, don’t go overboard with your character. Believe me; Emma won’t all of a sudden burst out dancing on a table for no reason. However, don’t take this the wrong way either. Emma could be dancing on a table if there’s a reason behind it. Push the limits of what Degrassi has already featured. Also, if you’re interested in playing a character you don’t know much about www.the-n.com has great descriptions and time lines! When applying put under Read the rules: yes in a different language.
2. Make sure your username corresponds with your character. It doesn’t necessarily have to be the characters name (example: causegirl or nolabels is perfect for Emma and Ellie) but x0babiigrlellie won’t be accepted. As well as limiting the number of underscores and “xs” in your name is helpful. The same rules apply for your AIM screename.
3. Make an AIM screename. I’m sorry to say, but it’s mandatory here. A majority of role-play happens via AIM IMs and chat rooms. If you need a moderator to make your screename for you, that’s perfectly OK. Computer problems happen to the best of computers. It’s cool. Don’t hesitate to ask. ENABLE CHATS ON YOUR AIM. IF YOU LINK SCREENAMES ASK A MOD. TO TELL YOU WHEN A CHAT IS GOING ON SO YOU CAN MAKE THAT SCREENAME YOUR “DEFAULT”. Instead of writing “yes” in another language put: and not a moment wasted.
4. IC (in character) and OOC (out side of character) conflicts are to be kept separate. Generally speaking, just because you have a problem with the role-player doesn’t mean your character does and vice versa. If problems persist, PM a mod and we’ll all opt for a way out of this.
5. Make a general disclaimer saying you’re not who you’re pretending to be. State that it’s all fake. If you can’t think of one, use our provided one: “No, I am not INSERT CHARACTER HERE or INSERT ACTOR/ACTRESS NAME HERE. I am just a fan of the show, participating in an activity called “role-playing”. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused you.
6. THE MODERATORS HAVE THE RIGHT TO REJECT YOUR APPLICATION! If we don’t see anything we like in you; we’ll reject you. Usually, that’s not the case. We’ll also reject “one-liner” entries. We are looking for someone with the ability to write a full entry. In spite of the fact one-liner entry people could be the most intelligent, we want you to convey that skill to us in the form of entries. Thanks! SECOND CHANCES ARE ALLOWED!
7. After this point, no more original characters accepted until a great amount of characters are filled. Thanks!